Known for his calm nature, smiling presence and effective treatments, Dr. Fred Ragsdale, D.A.C.M., L.Ac. has been treating patients around the world since 2008. Dr. Fred’s mission is to share the belief that the body has an innate ability to heal itself. Hundreds of people from all walks of life have found pain relief, both physical and emotional from Dr. Fred’s gentle and highly skilled treatments.
Dr. Fred has run successful acupuncture clinics in Los Angeles, Shanghai and Phuket. In Shanghai, he specialized in women’s health and fertility and was successful in helping many patients with fertility issues, pregnancy concerns, and post-partum conditions. While in Phuket, the active lifestyle of the island lent a more orthopedic and pain management specialty to his practice and in addition to his own busy clinic, he was the team doctor for a variety of club sports including rugby, triathlon, and mixed martial arts.
Dr. Fred received his B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Barbara and spent ten years teaching high school and primary school in California, New York, Korea, and Taiwan before beginning medical school. He has traveled extensively around the world studying the healing traditions of many cultures; traditions he now incorporates into his own healing practices. He loves reading and writing, coaching little league and playing Tai Qi. Having recently moved back to his hometown of Los Angeles, with his wife and two young children, Dr. Fred is excited to introduce the community to his take on this ancient and profound medicine.
- California Board Acupuncture License #AC13696
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine; San Diego, CA
- Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University; Santa Cruz, CA
- Two year certificate program: Sports Medicine, Five Branches University
- One year advanced training in Western Orthopedics, Diplomat of Orthopedic Acupuncture Board
- Intensive clinical internship ZheJian Orthopedic Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, China
- Medical Director: Phuket Raw Cleanse, Santosa Retreat Center
- Team Doctor: Shanghai Hairy Crabs Rugby Club, Shanghai Cycling Club, Tiger Muay Thai Boxing Club, Phuket Mixed Martial Arts Club
- Member, American Academy of Pain Management